Reese’s Peanut Butter Brownies are chewy homemade brownies with an amazing smooth peanut butter frosting topped with chocolate glaze and mini reese’s cups.
Peanut Butter Brownies
What’s your go-to dessert if you’re craving something chocolate? Mine are BROWNIES. If you follow my blog you may have noticed that since I post brownie recipes quite often 🙂 Some of my favorite homemade brownie recipes include:
- Mint Brownies
- Zucchini Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Caramel Poke Rocky Road Brownies
- Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Brownie Bites
These Peanut Butter Brownies are just as amazing as they look. I like to make them 1 day in advance because I think they taste even better after the brownies have had time to cool in the fridge. Or, if you want to save prep time, you could make the brownies a day in advance and then frost them the next day.
You can’t beat the peanut butter/chocolate combo, can you? Hopefully these completely satisfy your sweet tooth!
Looking for more dessert recipes? Try these:
- S’more Cookie Bars
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- The BEST Mint Brownies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Best Ever Peanut Butter Bars
Reese’s Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar , packed
- 1 cup salted butter , melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 6 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter , room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small bag mini Reese's chocolates , unwrapped and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl add granulated and brown sugars and melted butter. Beat until well combined.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, beating after each addition. Add milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13'' baking pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- Beat together butter, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat again until combined.
- Add milk, beating well until light and fluffy. (Add more milk or powdered sugar if needed to make the frosting thicker or thinner).
- Smooth frosting over the top of brownies. Refrigerate while you make the chocolate topping.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until just melted and smooth. Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread evenly over the frosted brownies.
- Add chopped reese's chocolate to the top.
- Return to fridge to allow the chocolate to harden. Cut into squares and serve!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.