You really wont miss the meat in these flavorful, filling, and healthy Instant Pot Lentil Tacos! Ready in 20 minutes, and easily adaptable to use ingredients and toppings you already have, this vegetarian instant pot recipe is a WINNER.
I’m a big fan of mixing up our dinners with some meatless meals. I’m not a vegetarian (far from it 🙂 ) but I also don’t like my family eating heavy servings of meat every single night.
I feel like Mexican flavored dishes are even easier to make meatless because of all of the delicious flavor and spices you can add to the dish. These sweet potato and black bean enchiladas, and these black bean and corn quesadillas, for example, always leave us feeling satisfied.
What I really love about these Mexican inspired lentil tacos are how hearty the mixture is–you wont even miss the meat! They are soo flavorful, and delicious, and one of my absolute favorite vegetarian instant pot recipes.
The Instant Pot makes this meal even more genius. Throw everything in the pot, and give it a stir. That’s it! Cook it for 15 minutes on high pressure, and you’re ready to eat. No babysitting the lentils, no stirring the pot. You don’t even need to let the pressure naturally release!
This Instant pot lentil tacos recipe is also really easily adaptable to what you have on hand.
Chopped onion for onion powder.
Use the saute function on the instant pot to saute 1 cup chopped onion in a little bit of oil, before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Water for chicken broth.
You can use water if you don’t have chicken broth. I just like the extra boost of flavor that the chicken broth adds. Or you could add 4 teaspoons/4 chicken bullion cubes to the water.
Tomato sauce instead of salsa.
Try adding corn, diced green chilies (if you like it spicy), or another chopped vegetable, like zucchini.
More great Instant Pot Dinner recipes:
Instant Pot Lentil Tacos
- 2 cups dry lentils , green or brown
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- corn or flour tortillas , for serving
- shredded cheese
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- avocado , chopped (or guacamole)
- fresh cilantro
- green onion , chopped
- sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- salsa , or hot sauce
- Add all ingredients to instant pot and stir to combine.
- Close the lid and move valve to sealing position.
- Cook on manual (high pressure) for 15 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps, cover the valve with a towel and switch it to quick release to release all of the pressure.
- Open lid and gently stir.
- Allow to cool while you prepare toppings.
- Serve warm, inside corn or flour tortillas, with desired toppings.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Recipe adapted from My Plant Based Family.
Nutritional label is based off a ¼ cup servings (to fill 1 taco). Does not include toppings.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE this recipe and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.