Hummus Edamame Veggie Wrap with spinach, avocado, carrot and cucumbers. A healthy wrap that is packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber!
I think one of the biggest misconceptions about eating healthy is that you have to start an intense diet, or totally change the way you eat (like go vegetarian or vegan…etc.). But for most people, the smallest changes in the way your prepare meals can make a huge difference! And even more than that, having some new ideas of healthy meals to make can really help motivate you to mix things up–like this Thai Quinoa Salad or Tomato, Basil, Avocado Pasta Salad, for example.
I like to think of meal time in terms of what vegetables need to be eaten from my fridge. If I’m making something as simple as spaghetti, I can add some carrots, zucchini, spinach or bell peppers right to my sauce, and it’s like I’ve hidden a whole bunch of extra vitamins in our meal!
You don’t have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this delicious veggie wrap! And the best part about it is it’s totally customizable! You can really mix it up to include the vegetables you have on hand and the vegetables your family loves. The hummus acts as a tasty “glue” that holds everything together.
Plus, it’s a great way to pack in some extra vegetables into your day!
Hummus Edamame Veggie Wrap
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup hummus (*see note below)
- 1 1/3 cups edamame , cooked and shelled
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 avocados , sliced
- 1 1/2 carrots , shredded
- 1 cup cucumber , chopped
- **Any other desired vegetables!
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Light drizzle of olive oil
- Spread hummus over tortilla.
- Add edamame, spinach, avocado, carrot, cucumber, and any other desired vegetables.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil. Roll up your wrap and enjoy!
- *I love using regular hummus or roasted red pepper!
- **Other vegetable ideas: tomato, radish, corn, lettuce, cabbage, red bell pepper, zucchini, alfalfa sprouts etc.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.