This homemade Greek Yogurt Vanilla Pound Cake is so simple to make. The texture is dense, tender and moist and the flavor is wonderful. We like to serve it with strawberries and fresh whipped cream.
It’s FRI-YAY! The weather has been amazingly warm lately and it’s making crave all of my favorite spring time foods. Particularly all things lemon and blueberry, like:
One of my favorite simple desserts my mom would make during spring and summer was homemade pound cake with strawberries and fresh whipped cream. Nothing fancy, but sometimes the simplest desserts are the best! (Like fresh peaches over ice cream…YUM). This Greek Yogurt Vanilla Pound Cake is delicious. It’s perfectly sweet, but not overly sweet. It gets slightly crisp on the outside while being super soft on the inside. I could eat it for breakfast!
Consider trying these popular dessert recipes:
Greek Yogurt Vanilla Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard 9” loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Continue beating and add the eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl after each. Stir in the vanilla and Greek yogurt.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture, just until combined.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire cooling rack.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.