People go NUTS for these simple, but amazing Graham Cracker Toffee Bars! The recipes require 5 simple ingredients, and less than 30 minutes to make. They’re perfect for a quick and easy “homemade candy bar” type of treat that’s sure to be a crowd favorite.
Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
If I’m ever trying to think of a really simple dessert or treat that would be great for a crowd, easy to make for a party, or perfect for a Christmas treat for neighbors, these Graham cracker toffee bars come to mind.
How to make Graham Cracker Toffee Bars:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line bottom of a 8×13” baking pan with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray. (You could also make these in a smaller 8” pan, by cutting the recipe ingredients in half.)
Layer sheets of graham cracker along the bottom of the pan to act as the base for our bars.
Next, add the butter to a saucepan and heat it over medium heat until it melts.
Add the brown sugar and pecans and stir the mixture until everything is combined.
Bring the mixture to a gentle boil for 5 minutes.
Pour the mixture over the graham crackers and smooth into one layer.
Bake for 7 minutes.
Break the Hershey’s candy bars into pieces and carefully place them all over the top of the toffee layer. Cover the pan until the chocolate begins to melt (5-10 minutes). Smooth the chocolate into an even layer over the bars.
Allow them to cool completely before cutting and serving. Refrigerate if you want, but after removing them from the fridge, wait for at least 15 minutes before cutting them so the chocolate can soften.
I love how these bars have that wonderful toffee taste, but they’re not as brittle and hard as regular toffee. In lots of ways, they remind me of a homemade candy bar. They are fantastic, and would make great holiday gifts for neighbors.
Consider these candy-like recipes that make great neighbor gifts:
Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
- 1 package honey graham crackers
- 14 ounces Hershey's chocolate bars (I use two large 7 oz bars)
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x13'' pan with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray.)
- Place graham cracker sheets along the bottom of the pan.
- Add butter to a large saucepan over medium heat and allow it to melt. Add the brown sugar and pecans, and stir constantly, bringing the mixture to a full boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture over graham crackers and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- While the bars are baking, unwrap the Hershey's chocolate bars and break them into pieces.
- Remove bars from oven and carefully place chocolate pieces across the top of the toffee layer. Cover the pan with a lid or aluminum foil to allow the chocolate to melt (5-10 minutes).
- Once chocolate has begun to melt, remove the lid and use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate evenly over the bars.
- Allow to cool completely before serving. I like to store mine in the fridge to set up (not required) but I leave them out at room temperature for 15 minutes before cutting them, to allow the chocolate to soften.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I first shared this recipe Novemeber 2015. Updated May 2018.