Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata is the perfect easy dinner. One of my family’s favorite meals!
But I will admit that it makes my Monday nights a lot more entertaining. And when the show is on a break, like right now, I don’t have much to look forward to on the dreaded Monday.
That’s why I always try and have something great for dinner. That way when everyone comes home after a long first day back at work or school, they can look forward to something delicious for dinner. Some of my Monday night favorites include:
Italian Meatball Subs (My husband’s FAVORITE)
My parents were in town a few weeks ago and took my husband and me to dinner at Brio. Have you tried that place?! The food was amazing.
I ordered the lobster ravioli, which was fantastic, and my mom ordered the Chicken Limone. It was basically chicken piccata served over mashed potatoes (instead of the traditional angel hair pasta) with roasted veggies on the side. As soon as I had my first bite I knew I wanted to recreate it for you guys.
I also should mention that my kids LOVED this meal (capers and all!). They were literally licking their plates clean. And I’d dare to say it is just as delicious as the version at Brio, and very easy to make. Here’s a little video to show you just how easy:
Consider serving this with:
- Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Vegetables
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Homemade Rolls
- Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks
Lemon Chicken Piccata
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 lemons
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup capers
- hot cooked pasta or mashed potatoes for serving
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally ("butterfly" cutting them) so that you're left with 4 thin chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl with 1 tablespoon of water. Add the flour to another shallow bowl, and the breadcrumbs to a third shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken on both sides in the flour, then egg wash, and then breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside onto a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add chicken broth, cream, juice from both lemons, and capers. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Allow the sauce to cook and bubble for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over mashed potatoes or hot cooked pasta and spoon the sauce on top.
- Serve with Roasted Vegetables, or steamed broccoli or green beans.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.