Chili Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is a healthy spaghetti squash recipe that is easy, low carb, and that tastes like comfort food.
I’m waiting and waiting for the weather to cool down in Saint Louis. The humidity here is killing me! I’ve already started making all sorts of pumpkin dishes and fall comfort food meals…I guess it’s my way of trying to wish Fall upon us sooner. 🙂
This Chili Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is comfort food at it’s finest! I LOVE stuffed spaghett squash. I could eat this Tex Mex Spaghetti Squash everyday! But this chili version is perfect for cooler nights when I want something warm and comforting without all the calories. It’s unbelievably easy to make, especially if you use canned chili, or some yummy freezer homemade chili (I like to make a big batch of my favorite chili and freeze half of it for meals like this!)
How to cook spaghetti squash:
Most people cook their spaghetti squash in either the microwave of the oven. Below are instructions for both methods.
How to cook spaghetti squash in the microwave:
To cook spaghetti squash in the microwave, first cut the squash in half lengthwise and scrapping our the seeds. Flip it upside down and place it inside a microwave safe dish. You may need to cook the halves separately depending on the size of your microwave. Pierce the top skin of the squash2-3 times to allow steam to escape. Add one inch of water to the bottom of the dish. Cook the squash for 5-10 minutes in the microwave or until it is soft.
When your squash is finished cooking, it should be easy to scrape the squash from the shell. Layer the squash in a bowl, top it with chili, shredded cheese, and other desired toppings and serve warm!
How to cook spaghetti squash in the oven:
Baking spaghetti squash is so easy and is my preferred method. start by cutting the squash in half lengthwise. Then scrape our the seeds and season it with salt, pepper, and a little olive oil. Flip each squash half upside down (placing the cut side down) on a large baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
Chili Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- olive oil , to taste
- 3 cups of your favorite homemade chili
- 2/3 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional squash topping ideas: cilantro , sour cream (or Greek yogurt), chives, tomatoes, avocados
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice off the stem of the squash. Starting at the top of the squash, slice the squash lengthwise, to create two long halves. Remove the seeds and gunk.
- Brush some olive oil onto the squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place squash halves cut side down on the baking sheet and roast for 40-50 minutes, depending on how large your squash is. Check on it around 35 minutes of baking time--it's ready when it is tender and easy to scrape the strands with a fork.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the chili.
- Remove squash from the oven and use hot pads to flip them over. Fill each with chili. Top with shredded cheese, cilantro and any other yummy toppings. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.