This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is loaded with croutons, parmesan cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pasta, and chicken; all smothered in a creamy Caesar dressing. Serve this cold pasta salad as a side for your next BBQ, or as an easy weeknight dinner!
Looking for more pasta salad recipes? I love this Italian Pasta Salad, Creamy Pesto Tortellini, and Teriyaki Pasta Salad!
Why I love this recipe:
- Quick and Fresh: Done and ready to eat in just 30 minutes! Bursting with fresh ingredients, this easy pasta salad is fresh, tasty, and I just love the crunch from the lettuce and croutons!
- On the Go – No heating and no mess, I love to make this for BBQ’s, picnics, or to toss in my kid’s lunches!
How to make Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad:
Cook Pasta: Follow instructions on package to cook pasta. Drain water then set aside to cool.
Combine Ingredients: Chop the grilled chicken breasts into small chunks. In a large bowl, toss together chicken, cooked penne pasta, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, green onion, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and croutons.
Add Dressing: Drizzle with desired amount of Caesar salad dressing then toss to coat. Serve.
Make Ahead and Storage Instructions:
To Make Ahead: The chicken can be cooked and all the ingredients can be chopped ahead of time. Wait to add the dressing until ready to serve.
To Store: This creamy chicken pasta salad is best served fresh, but it will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a day or two. To make it work for meal prep I’d suggest storing the lettuce separately, and mixing it in just before eating.
- Dressing – You can make homemade Caesar dressing, or buy a good quality creamy Caesar dressing from the store. I like Newman’s Own or Brianna’s brand.
- No Chicken – I love how the chicken makes it more filling, but you can leave it out.
Follow me for more great recipes
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 6 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , grilled
- 4 cups Romaine lettuces , chopped
- 1/2 medium size cucumber , chopped
- 1 carrot , shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion , thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons (optional)
- Caesar salad dressing , to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- Chop the grilled chicken breasts into small chunks.
- In a large bowl toss together chicken, cooked penne pasta, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, green onion, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and croutons.
- Drizzle with desired amount of Caesar salad dressing and toss to coat.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
*I originally shared this recipe May 2014. Updated June 2018 and July 2022.
My daughter has made this for us and it’s amazing. Easy to prep.
Great meal for a hot summer night. Our family has eclectic tastes, but this was enjoyed by all. I stuck straight to the recipe with the one exception of marinating the chicken in Italian dressing for a few hours before grilling. I think the key to this salad is ensuring all ingredients are well chilled before tossing. Will definitely make again.
I made this today. It’s so so good. Thanks for the recipe.
I made this last night as a quick, easy meal. It was delicious. I made two different batches, one with Brianna’s Asiago Caesar dressing and the other a plant-based Caesar for my lactose-free kids. Highly recommend giving this one a try!
My new favorite salad! So easy and filling!
Delicious and simple lunch! Thanks for the recipe!
So yummy and easy! My whole family (including a 5 and 3 year old) loved it. What a relief to have something easy and delicious to throw together on a busy summer night.
See More Comments