These delicious Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls start with a layer of coconut rice and red beans topped with jerk seasoned chicken, mangos, mashed avocado and a sweet and spicy pineapple sauce.
I love it when a simple idea turns into a masterpiece dinner! I love adding jerk seasoning to meat for a fun and different flavor, and I’ve been wanting to make some sort of Caribbean jerk chicken bowl for a while. I’m such a huge fan of all-in-one dinner bowls that incorporate a protein, rice or pasta, and veggies in one bowl for a gorgrous and well-rounded meal.
For these bowls you can use regular cooked white rice, or make some yummy coconut rice and red beans. I used my instant pot to make the rice- I’m a little obsessed with how well it cooks rice and how easy the process is.
Also, check out my easy tutorial for how to cut a mango!
Meanwhile, make the sauce. It’s super simple and has a great sweet and spicy flavor. Season the chicken with jerk seasoning (you can use store-bought, or make your own!) and grill it or cook it in a skillet. Mash an avocado. Chop some mango and bell pepper. Layer everything over your rice, and dig in! So many great flavors that compliment each other well.
CONSIDER TRYING SOME OF MY OTHER FAVORITE “BOWL” RECIPES:
- Spring Roll Bowls
- BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken and Veggie Bowls
- Coconut Curry Chicken and Veggie Bowls
- Chipotle Chicken Fajita Bowls
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
- Sweetfire Chipotle Chicken Bowls
- Honey- Lime Chipotle Chicken Fajita Bowls
Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut in half, (or 6-8 chicken tenders)
- 1/4 cup Jamaican jerk seasoning (or homemade)
- 5-6 cups white rice , cooked (or coconut rice)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced thin
- 15 ounce can red beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados , peeled, seeded, mashed
- 1 mango , peeled and sliced around the pit
For the pineapple sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ½ cup fresh pineapple and its juices , diced
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo plus 1 tsp of the adobo sauce , or to taste, if you don't like spicy
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Combine the pineapple sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package instructions. I use plain, long-grain white rice if I'm in a hurry, or coconut rice if I have time to go the extra mile 🙂 .
- When the timer goes off for the rice, add the red beans to the pot and fluffy everything with a fork to toss it all together. Return the lid to keep it warm while you cook the chicken.
- Season chicken breasts all over with jerk seasoning.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping once, until cooked through.
- During the last 2 minutes or so of cooking, add the red bell peppers to the pan to saute.
- Spoon rice and red beans into bowls. Add chicken and some red bell pepper, a scoop of mashed avocado, and a spoonful of fresh mango.
- Spoon a little of the pineapple sauce on top. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products and cooking tools with you guys!