Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Enchiladas — tender shredded beef cooked in a simple homemade enchilada sauce. Layer in tortillas, top with cheese and bake until bubbly! You’ll never use canned enchilada sauce again!
Can I please make your Monday a little easier with a slow cooker meal idea? These Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Enchiladas are just one of many easy slow cooker recipes in my arsenal. Some family favorites include:
Can you believe these are just a small sampling of all of the slow cooker recipes I’ve shared here?
The best part about these enchiladas is how easy the beef and sauce are. You don’t have to do hardly anything to prepare them. Just place the beef in the slow cooker and pour the simple sauce on top. Let it slow cook all day long and your house will smell amazing. I like to serve them with a big green salad and sometimes a side of either my favorite Authentic Mexican rice, or semi-homemade refried beans. Your family will thank you for this one 🙂
- 1 (2 lb) chuck roast
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water to make a "slurry"
- 10- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Season the roast on all sides with salt and pepper and place it in the bottom of your slow cooker. Whisk together beef broth, vinegar, salsa, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until beef is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove roast to a large plate and shred. Pour remaining broth from the slow cooker into a saucepan over medium heat. Slowly whisk in cornstarch slurry. Cook for a few minutes until sauce begins to thicken. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, or other seasonings, as needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sauce over the beef and toss. Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of shredded beef and a spoonful of shredded cheese. Roll up and place in the pan, seam-side down. Pour desired amount of sauce over the enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Never miss a post! Follow Tastes Better From Scratch on: