These No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars are made with peanut butter, old fashioned oats, and milk chocolate chips.
Aren’t no bake desserts the best idea invented? How would I manage my sweet tooth during the summer without them?! 😉
I have a special place in my heart for any desserts with peanut butter in them. My mom’s Peanut Butter Bars are one of the greatest desserts of all time (high praise, I know!), but I love this no bake version too! This recipe couldn’t be easier to throw together, and you don’t need an oven! And the added pretzels make the best sweet/salty combo.
Consider trying one of these No Bake Desserts:
- Rocky Road Fudge
- Chocolate and Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Marshmallow Chunk Rice Krispie Treats
- Homemade Granola Bars
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- 3/4 cup butter (1 ½ sticks)
- 1 cup crushed pretzels (crushed and then measured)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter , divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Pulse oats in a blender or food processor until fine.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted, add oats and stir well.
- Add 1 cup peanut butter and stir until combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, crushed pretzels and powdered sugar.
- Spread mixture into a 9x13'' pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Add chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl and microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Smooth chocolate mixture over the peanut butter bars and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
Delicious and easy to make!
Recipe calls for 1 1/4 cups peanut butter but instructions say add 1 cup??
Hi Betty, The remaining peanut butter is melted with the chocolate chips in the last step.
Hi Lauren, you noted that the peanut butter was divided which means it is included in two different places. I only read one that says1 with oats and butter. Where do I mix the 1/4 cup that is left?
Hi Kathy, sorry for the typo (fixed now!). The remaining peanut butter is melted with the chocolate chips in the last step. Hope you enjoy them!
Can you please clarify the butter measurements in your No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars?
At the very end the receipe states to “add chocolate chips and butter to a microwave safe bowl” but no measurement of butter is given.
Can you help?
Hi Jana, Add 1 tbsp of butter to the chocolate chips to help them melt 🙂