The BEST Instant Pot Potato Salad is made with gold potatoes cooked together with whole eggs on top. No steamer basket or special equipment is needed.
I’m all about Instant Pot recipes that actually save me time! I’m always working to develop all-in-one instant pot meals that allow me to dump everything in the pot for an easy dinner, like this popular Instant Pot Chicken and Rice and IP Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya.
Instant Pot Potato Salad
I will never make potato salad any other way than this instant pot potato salad! I love that you don’t have to boil a pot of water, the eggs are cooked at the same time, in the same pot, and I’m not babysitting anything as it cooks! Both the potatoes and eggs get cooked perfectly, and making putting together the rest of the potato salad is so easy!
This recipe is adapted from my favorite Traditional Potato Salad, so if you don’t have an instant pot, you can use that recipe!
How to make Instant Pot Potato Salad:
- Add water and chopped potatoes to the bottom of the instant pot.
- Place the eggs on top of the potatoes.
- Cook on high pressure/manual for 4 minutes; quick release.
- Separate egg yolks from the whites of the hard-boiled eggs and place the yolks in a bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and then stir in the mayonnaise, buttermilk, mustard, a splash of pickle juice, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the warm potatoes, add chopped egg whites, celery, onion, and pickles.
- Stir well, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
Potatoes; skin or no skin?
Feel free to make instant pot potato salad with or without potato skins, depending on your preference. I personally prefer to peel the potatoes beforehand.
Can you make potato salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can make instant pot potato salad 2-3 day’s ahead of time. In fact, it’s best to make it a few hours ahead of time to allow the flavors to blend and the salad to cool in the refrigerator.
How to store potato salad:
Store your instant pot potato salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Looking for more great recipes Instant Pot recipes? Try these:
- Instant Pot Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Ribs
Instant Pot Potato Salad
- 1 cup water
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard (or half dijon mustard)
- 2 ribs celery
- 1/4 cup red onion , chopped
- 2 pickles , minced + splash of pickle juice
Add water and chopped potatoes to the bottom of the instant pot. Place the eggs on top of the potatoes.
Secure the instant pot lid and turn the valve to sealing.
Select high pressure/manual and set timer to 4 minutes.
When the timer beeps, quick release the pressure. Remove the eggs to a bowl of cold water and drain the water from the pot.
Separate egg yolks from the whites of the hard-boiled eggs and place the yolks in a bowl.
Mash the yolks with a fork and then stir in the mayonnaise, buttermilk, mustard, a splash of pickle juice, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Pour the dressing over the warm potatoes. Chop the egg whites and add them to the potatoes along with the celery, onion, and pickles.
Stir well, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.