Did you know that a traditional “5-cup fruit salad” uses sour cream as the sauce? I’m sorry, but does anyone else cringe at that thought? Sour cream…really? This fruit salad recipe has the same delicious creamy flavor, but uses Greek yogurt instead.
It’s creamy and sweet and absolutly delicious! Plus it takes all of 10 minutes to throw together. It’s the perfect side for family gatherings, holidays, or parties where you want something fun and something everyone will love!
The ingredients for this Creamy Fruit Salad are super simple, but put them all together and this little salad is fabulous! It’s sweet and refreshing, without the added calories.
Plus it has mini marshmallows in it, and who can say “no” to mini marshmallows?! This yummy side dish will definitely be making in appearance on our Thanksgiving table!
Creamy Fruit Salad
- 10 ounce can pineapple chunks , drained
- 11 ounce can mandarin oranges , drained
- 1 medium apple , cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup grapes , halved
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Add apple to a large bowl and toss in lemon juice to keep from browning.
- Add the pineapple, mandarin oranges, grapes, coconut, and marshmallows and toss to combine.
- Stir in Greek yogurt, gently tossing to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours prior to serving to allow the flavors to meld together. Serve chilled.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links.