I grew up loving all versions of rice pudding! Baked, cooked on the stove-top, raisins, no raisins…I love it all! I also love substituting brown rice for white whenever I can, and in this recipe, it works great! You just have to make sure the brown rice is fully cooked. This creamy and delicious rice pudding makes the perfect sweet treat!
Consider trying these popular desserts:
- German Chocolate Cake
- Snickerdoodles Bars
- Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Creamy Brown Rice Pudding
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 - 1 cups raisins
- Bring the water and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add salt, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about 50 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the milk, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring often, for about 70-80 minutes more, or until the dish is pudding consistency.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.