Thick and chewy Chocolate Cadbury Egg Cookies make the perfect fun and easy Easter treat.
I’ve always absolutely loved Easter, mostly because of what it represents as a celebrating Christian.
I love teaching my toddlers all about Easter and the meaning behind the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I love coloring easter eggs as a family, doing candy egg hunts and, enjoying a beautiful Easter dinner together! (Baked ham, deviled eggs and cheesy funeral potatoes are always on the menu!)
My mom always made us amazing Easter baskets, and that’s also a tradition I enjoy continuing with my young family. I fill my kids’ baskets with a new outfit, a small toy, and some of our favorite Easter candy, including peeps, and mini cadbury eggs!
I feel like people are either a peep lover, or hater…right? But can we all agree that mini chocolate Cadbury eggs are the the bomb, and the only thing that could make them better than they already is adding them to chocolate cadbury egg cookies.
How to make Chocolate Cadbury Egg Cookies:
It all starts with a simple and delicious chocolate cookie recipe. The cookie dough requires unsweetened cocoa powder AND melted semi-sweet chocolate so that we end up with a fudge-y chocolate cookie that is thick and chewy and almost brownie-like. Add some chopped mini chocolate cadbury egg candies to the cookie dough, and reserve some for topping on the cookies when they comes out of the oven.
Spoon the cookie dough onto a baking sheet and bake just until set (don’t over bake them because they will continue to harden as they cool).
Remove them from the oven and add some extra chopped Cadbury candy pieces on top. Allow them to cool completely. Enjoy!
Looking for more fun Easter Treat ideas? Try these:
Chocolate Cadbury Egg Cookies
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (good quality) , chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons butter , room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini Cadbury eggs , roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat liners.
- Melt the chocolate in your microwave or double boiler until smooth and melted (careful not to burn or overheat it!). Set aside.
- Add butter and sugars to a medium-size bowl and mix well, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and and mix until combined.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add to the chocolate batter and mix just until combined (don't over mix).
- Roughly chop the Cadbury egg candies and gently stir them into the batter. (I like to reserve a handful to put on top of the cookies when they come out of the oven).
- Spoon the dough into about 1 ½ inch balls and place on cookie sheet. (it should make about 2 dozen cookies)
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are barely set. Don't be tempted to over-bake them. They will harden as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes (this is when I gently add my extra Cadbury egg pieces). Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
The material in this blog post references the trademarked brand “Cadbury.” The use of this trademark is for informational and editorial purposes only and does not imply sponsorship or endorsement by Cadbury Limited or its affiliates.