Grilled Cajun Chicken and Sausage Kebabs are packed with bold and spicy cajun flavors.
I have wanted to share these Cajun Chicken and Sausage Kebabs recipe for a while, but honestly I just never get around to taking photos of them before we eat. I’m always too anxious to eat them hot and fresh off the grill. So, I finally managed to snap two (not very good quality) photos of them before we ate them last week. The pictures hardly do them justice–they’re the BEST! You just can’t go wrong with grilled chicken, sausage, veggies and homemade cajun seasoning.
- My husband declares these his favorite kebabs I’ve ever made. That’s saying a lot considering how often we eat kebabs! The flavor of these are amazing!
- We like spice, especially when it comes to cajun food! If you don’t like spicy food I would cut down on the cayenne pepper a little bit in the recipe.
- 1 (12 oz package) andouille sausages (about 4 sausages), sliced into 1/2 inch thick coins
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 bell peppers, any color, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion (I use yellow or purple), cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, slices into coins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare the cajun seasoning by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Soak wooden skewers in water while you make the cajun seasoning. (Soaking them in water helps prevent them from burning on the grill).
- Season cut chicken and sausage peices all over with the cajun seasoning.
- Layer skewers alternating with pieces of chicken, sausage, and chopped vegetables. You can pack them together closely.
- Clean and heat your grill. Spray with non-stick cooking spray or oil.
- Place prepared kebabs on hot grill. Cook for a few minutes on each side, gently rotating them 2 or 3 times as they cook. Remove to a plate. Serve immediately.
Never miss a post! Follow Tastes Better From Scratch on: