I wouldn’t dare to dream of a world without slow cookers. I love mine so much. It just makes life easier ya know? Prep dinner in the morning and it’s ready when you need it. Nights are the craziest time of day in our house, and I’m sure most people can relate. So there’s nothing I love more than having dinner ready to go! Especially when I’ve got hungry kids waiting on me. If you love your slow cooker too, don’t miss these favorites:
This slow cooker chicken tacos recipe is the best because you can use it in so many meals. Pretty much any Mexican related recipe you love, you could add this chicken too (or substitute the meat called for in the recipe and use this chicken instead). Add some to these Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas. Or use it in these Chicken Chimichangas, Chipotle Chicken Wraps, Chicken Taco Pie, Baked Chicken and Spinach Flautas, or any of your favorite burritos, tostadas, or enchiladas.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Italian Salad dressing
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken breasts in your slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour them over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours or LOW for about 5 hours. Shred the chicken. Cook for 30 more minutes.
- Serve chicken with tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, tostadas, burritos, taco salads etc.
If you like this recipe you may like: