I love to bake, but I usually bake with the end goal of giving most of the sweets away. I think it helps me feel better about making them :-). I made these homemade Mint brownies with the full intention of giving a plate full to a friend who recently moved. And then I cut them, took pictures of them, and took a bite of one of them. My poor friend never stood a chance! Besides the fact that my husband would have chained the door before he let me leave with a plate of these, I didn’t even want to share them either! They are THAT good. Seriously, we savored these for a whole week. And I’m pretty sure every single calorie was worth it!
I always made either a batch of these Mint Brownies, or a batch of the World’s Best Peanut Butter Bars for our Fourth of July party each year. They were always a huge hit! Maybe this year I will half the recipes and bring a little of both! 🙂
Guys, there’s not much more I can say about these homemade Mint Brownies, other than that you should make them–like, right now. This homemade brownie recipe alone is absolutely fantastic. They’re moist, thick, fudge-y and exactly what a brownie should be. And then you top them with mint and chocolate frosting—AMAZING.
- 4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate (4oz)
- 1 C butter (2 sticks)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 4 T butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1-2 Tbs milk
- green food coloring
- 6 oz (about 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 Tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well a 9×13'' inch pan.
- Chop the butter and the unsweetened chocolate into chunks and place together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. While mixing, slowly add the melted chocolate.
- In a separate small bowl combine the flour and baking powder. Stir the flour into the chocolate batter, just until combined. Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a knife poked in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Combine all mint frosting ingredients and beat until light and fluffy. Add more milk if you want it thinner. Spread the frosting evenly over the brownies. Refrigerate while you make the chocolate glaze.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until just melted and smooth. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Spread evenly over the frosted brownies. Return to fridge to allow the chocolate to harden. Cut into squares and serve!
- *You can half this recipe and make it in a 8x8'' pan.
- *Add extra flour if baking at high altitute
If you like this recipe you should try: