This Homemade Playdough recipe is easy to make with pantry ingredients, and is ready in just 10 minutes! It stays soft and months and you can make any color, for a fraction of the price of store-bought.
Why I love this recipe:
- Quick and Easy – Only 10 minutes and you can have a batch of soft, non-toxic playdough using ingredient’s you probably have. Your kids will love to help!
- Long Lasting – Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge and it should stay soft for at 2-3 months! This is the playdough recipe my kids preschool uses, because it lasts so long!
- Affordable – Using just normal pantry ingredients, you can make any color of playdough for a fraction of the price!
- Vegetable Oil
- Cream of Tartar
- Food Coloring
How to make Homemade Playdough:
Combine Ingredients: Pour water, oil, salt, cream of tartar and a few drops of food coloring in a saucepan. Heat until it starts to lightly bubble but is not boiling.
Add Flour: Remove from heat then use a spatula to stir in the flour as best you can. Allow play dough to cool off until it’s cool enough to touch.
Knead Dough on a greased countertop until it’s very smooth.
Play and Store: Store playdough in an airtight container at room temperature, or in the fridge for 2-3 months.
To Store: Place DIY playdough in an airtight container or resealable bag and keep at room temperature or store in the fridge for 2-3 months.
Looking for Kid-Friendly recipes? Try these:
- Crispy Bean and Cheese Burritos
- Mini Meatloaf
- School Lunch Ideas
- Homemade Applesauce
- No Bake Granola Bars
Follow me for more great recipes
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup table salt
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- food coloring
- Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tartar, and a few drops of food coloring in a saucepan. Heat until it starts to lightly bubble but is not boiling.
- Remove from heat and use a spatula to stir in the flour as best you can. Allow play dough to cool off until it's cool enough to touch. Knead it on a greased countertop until its very smooth.
- Place in an airtight container and store at room temperature, or in the fridge for 2-3 months.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
This post contains affiliate links.