No Bake Butterscotch Cereal Bars are an easy no-bake dessert with marshmallows, cornflakes, coconut, and butterscotch chips made in less than 20 minutes!
Everyone needs a collection of easy No bake desserts to enjoy and these delicious cereal bars are joining the ranks of old favorites like Rice Krispie Treats and Salted Chocolate and Caramel Pretzel Bars.
No Bake Butterscotch Cereal Bars
There are so many things to love about cereal bars like these, especially when they don’t require an oven and you can adapt them to use whatever cereal and baking chip combination you like!
This recipe was inspired by my rice krispie treats recipe, but I used cornflakes and added a little butterscotch flavor twist and some toasted coconut. They are soft, chewy and gooey from the delicious marshmallows.
How to make No Bake Butterscotch Cereal Bars:
- Add cereal, marshmallows, butterscotch chips, and toasted coconut to a large bowl.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a saucepan; stir in butterscotch chips.
- Pour over bowl with cereal and stir to coat.
- Press into 13×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper and sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
Make ahead, storing and freezing Instructions:
These cereal bars can be made 1-2 days in advance. For best results, allow the to cool completely, cut them, wrap them individually in plastic wrap, and store them in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for 2-3 days or freeze in a freezer safe bag for up to 1 month.
Ways to adapt this recipe:
- Use a different type of cereal, like rice krispies, crushed chex, bran flakes, or special k.
- Use different kinds of baking chips, like chocolate, peanut butter, or white chocolate.
- Add nuts, M&M’s, or craisins.
Are cereal bars healthy?
These cereal bars are more of a dessert than a breakfast cereal bar. The ingredients include cornflakes, marshmallows, butter, coconut, and butterscotch chips.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes:
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
No Bake Butterscotch Bars
- 8 cups corn flakes
- 16 oz bag miniature marshmallows , about 8 cups, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 10 oz package butterscotch chips
- Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides.
- Add to a large mixing bowl: cereal, 1 cup marshmallows, 1 cup butterscotch chips, toasted coconut (reserve a handful for sprinkling on top of the finished bars, if desired).
- Add butter to a large saucepan over medium heat. Once it’s almost melted, add the remaining marshmallows and stir well to coat in the butter. Cook, stirring constantly, until almost completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 cup of butterscotch chips. Stir well until smooth and, working quickly, pour over bowl with cereal and stir to coat.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top, if desired. Cool for a few minutes before cutting into bars.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.