These Berry Vanilla Pudding Cups are homemade vanilla pudding topped with strawberries, blueberries, and freshly whipped cream.
I love vanilla, chocolate, and lemon. And I love a good rice pudding! These Berry Vanilla Pudding Cups make the perfect simple, delicious, festive dessert. And your kids will love helping prepare them.
These Berry Vanilla Pudding Cups contain two of my favorite things: homemade pudding, and fresh fruit! I know a lot of people resort to boxed pudding mixes, probably because they think it’s simpler, but making homemade pudding is extremely easy! And you probably already have everything on hand to make it. Plus, there’s really no comparison when it comes to taste.
Sometimes the simplest desserts taste the best, and these Berry Vanilla Pudding Cups are one of our family’s favorites!
Consider trying these popular dessert recipes:
- Raspberry Pretzel Jello Dessert
- Triple Berry Crisp
- Berry Cake with Lemon Cream Mousse
- Berry Shortcake with Coconut Whipped Cream
Berry Vanilla Pudding Cups
- 1 pint fresh strawberries , sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- fresh whipped cream , for topping
- 2 2/3 cups whole milk , divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For the pudding, bring 2 cups milk to a boil over medium heat.
- While the milk is heating, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the remaining milk and beat until smooth. Whisk in the egg and beat until smooth.
- When the milk is boiling, add a spoonful at a time to the sugar mixture, stirring constantly, until all of the hot milk is slowly incorporated and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Return mixture to the saucepan and cook, stirring constantly so no lumps form, for about 2 more minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly over the surface of the pudding.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- When ready to serve, spoon about 2/3 cup of pudding into each cup.
- Sprinkle berries over the pudding.
- Add fresh whipped cream on top.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.