Easy, smooth and creamy homemade tapioca pudding.
Homemade pudding is one of those classic desserts that is one of my favorites. It’s sooo SOOOO much better made from scratch. Take this homemade vanilla pudding, for example. It’s delicious, especially served with layers of fresh berries. I love a good homemade chocolate pudding also (I especially love to add chopped Oreos to chocolate pudding! YUM!). My mom often made this Baked Custard Style Rice Pudding recipe when I was little and it’s amazing.
Of all the pudding flavors in all the world though, tapioca pudding is my FAVORITE. I like to use instant/minute tapioca pearls for my tapioca pudding because I’m usually too impatient to use large dry tapioca pearls. When using those you have to soak them for awhile before you make the pudding. With the instant stuff it’s ready in like 5 minutes. Serve it warm or cold, and I love it topped with fresh berries and a small dollop of whipped cream.
- 2 3/4 cup 2% or whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons minute/instant tapioca
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add the milk and egg to a medium saucepan and whisk well to combine. Stir in sugar and tapioca and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium and bring mixture to a bubbling, full boil (stirring constantly, being careful not to let it burn!). Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding and cool for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe from Kraft
Never miss a post! Follow Tastes Better From Scratch on: