I’ve got to be honest, I don’t know if I’d ever even heard of “egg salad” sandwiches until I married Jeff. He, however, has been a fan his whole life, and it’s one of the dishes he prides himself in making the very best! It has even become a staple lunch choice on Sunday afternoons.
I recently decided to mix up his traditional egg salad recipe a bit, and the result was fantastic! Even Jeff admitted that I took egg salad “to a whole ‘notha level”!
We always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge because we all like to snack on them, or make egg salad sandwiches any time we want. With Easter coming I anticipate a whole dozen extra colored eggs in our fridge and I’m pretty sure all of those extra eggs will go towards making this sandwich!
Egg Salad BLT
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons green onions , thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- dash of salt
- dash of lemon juice
- 8 slices bread
- 4 slices bacon , cooked
- 2 Roma tomatoes , sliced
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- Combine mayo, sour cream, green onions, mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Coarsely chop eggs and add to mayo mixture. Mash with a fork until well combined.
- Top bread slices with about 1/2 cup egg mixture, 1 bacon slice, 2 tomato slices, lettuce, and top half of bread. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.