Whole grains, roasted vegetables, avocado, tomato, spinach, feta, and falafel topped with a simple creamy dressing to make a healthy and delicious Buddha Bowl.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 ½ cups Quinoa , or brown rice, couscous or cauliflower rice
- 5 cups spinach (or arugula)
- 2 sweet potatoes , peeled and chopped
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado , peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 roma tomato , chopped
- Falafel , grilled chicken, or other protein
- ½ cup crumbled Feta cheese
- chopped Nuts – walnuts , pecans, almonds, pine nuts, pistachios etc
Jalapeño Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small jalapeño pepper , ribs and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt , to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Add sweet potatoes to a sheet pan and drizzle with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast.for 20-25 minutes, until tender, tossing once while cooking.
Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
Layer bowls with cooked quinoa, arugula, sweet potato, tomato, avocado, falafel or chicken, feta and nuts. Top with dressing.
Additional Topping Ideas:
Buddha Bowl Meal Prep:
You can prep this entire meal ahead of time, layer it in single serving dishes with the dressing on the side. Perfect for an on the go lunch or quick meal.
- Beans: garbanzo beans, black beans
- Hard-boiled egg
- Seeds: sesame seeds, pepitas or chia seeds
Calories: 2497kcal | Carbohydrates: 254g | Protein: 81g | Fat: 135g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 1211mg | Potassium: 4666mg | Fiber: 44g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 53089IU | Vitamin C: 94mg | Calcium: 977mg | Iron: 20mg