Chocolate Mug Cake
Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake is the easiest and fastest way to make dessert for one or two. This mug cake recipe is made with chocolate chips and no eggs.
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time1 min
Total Time5 mins
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 3 tablespoons milk (any kind of milk)
- 1 tablespoons canola oil (or melted butter)
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chocolate chips , or your favorite flavor baking chips
Spray the bottom of a microwave-safe mug or coffee cup lightly with cooking spray.
Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and stir together.
Add milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth, being sure to scrape the bottom of the mug. Stir in chocolate chips or sprinkle them on top.
Cook in microwave for 70-90 seconds (see note) until cake is just set, but still barely shiny on top. (see notes below). Allow to rest in microwave for 1 minute before consuming.
*Because all microwaves are different, it's difficult to give a precise cook time. Start with 70 seconds, wait 1 minute while it cools, then look to see if it is set. Add an additional 15-25 seconds if needed. Allow it to rest in the microwave for 1 minute.
- The trick with mug cakes is to stop cooking the cake earlier than you think, because you want it to be soft on the inside, and the cake will also continue to cook as it cools.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 1.8mg