We love this traditional Waldorf Salad recipe made with crisp apples, grapes, celery and walnuts in a creamy dressing on Boston Bib lettuce.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 red apple , honey crisp, red delicious, unpeeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green apple , golden delicious, unpeeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 rib celery , sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes , halved
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup walnut halves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or half Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Boston Bib lettuce , or romaine lettuce leaves
In a large bowl toss the apples in lemon juice. Add celery, grapes, raisins and walnuts
In a separate bowl stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, red wine vinegar and pepper. Taste and adjust to your liking with a little extra mayonnaise or more vinegar.
Coat apple mixture in desired amount of dressing (you may not want to use it all).
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cold, on top of bib lettuce or large lettuce leaf.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 0.7mg