Mushroom Bacon Swiss Salad
This spinach salad is one of my favorite family recipes. Fresh greens, mushrooms, warm crumbled bacon, cottage cheese and Swiss cheese come together for a flavorful and unique salad that's sure to impress! The poppyseed dressing is the perfect sweet addition to make this a crowd favorite.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups leafy green lettuce , chopped romaine or red leaf
- 8 ounces button mushrooms , sliced
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese , grated
- 5 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese , rinsed, and drained well
- 1/4 cup red onion , thinly sliced
For the poppyseed dressing:
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar , or tarragon vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons red onions , chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
For the dressing:
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust ingredients, to taste: more vinegar if you want it tangier, more sugar if you'd like it sweeter.
Refrigerate until ready to use. Shake well before serving on salad.
Add the spinach and lettuce to a large salad bowl. Top with remaining salad ingredients and toss lightly to combine.
Drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Serve immediately.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 369mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2225IU | Vitamin C: 5.2mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 1mg