Coconut Chicken Tropical Salad with Creamy Pineapple Vinaigrette
Coconut Chicken Tropical Salad with avocado, mango, pineapple, bell pepper, cucumber, and a creamy pineapple vinaigrette.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 heads Romaine lettuces , chopped (about 6-8 cups)
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 1 cucumber , peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapples , chopped
- 1 mango , peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado , peeled, seeded and chopped
For the chicken
- 6-8 small chicken tenders
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Creamy Pineapple Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple , diced
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons Greek yogurts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- dash salt and pepper
For the chicken
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place a wire cooling rack on top of a 10x15'' pan (jelly roll pan) lined with tinfoil. Spray wire rack with cooking spray.
Add flour, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and salt and pepper to a shallow bowl.
Add eggs to another shallow bowl and beat well. Add coconut flakes to a third shallow bowl.
Dredge chicken tenders in flour mixture, then in egg mixture, and then coat with coconut flakes, pressing them on so they stick.
Lay chicken tenders on prepared wire rack. Spray the tops with cooking spray (to help them brown).
Bake for 13-18 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Add salad ingredients to a large bowl.
Top with chicken and drizzle with dressing, as desired.
For the Dressing:
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Add more honey, if needed, for sweetness. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 363mg | Potassium: 1235mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 23210IU | Vitamin C: 91.2mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 5.1mg