Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Easy homemade spaghetti sauce, using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! This recipe is a family dinner staple!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 pound ground beef (or 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage and 1/2 lb ground beef)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- crushed red pepper flakes , to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
- spaghetti noodles , for serving
Season ground beef with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, add the beef and chopped onion and brown. Drain excess grease.
Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, worcestershire, and sugar to the skillet.
Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Add water and stir well.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add chopped basil before serving, if desired.
Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 814mg | Potassium: 948mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 17.7% | Vitamin C: 19.4% | Calcium: 5.6% | Iron: 22.4%