Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Soft and chewy chocolate chip skillet cookie, served warm, topped with ice cream. Complete cookie HEAVEN!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 12 Tablespoons butter 1 1/2 sticks melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use half semi sweet and milk chocolate
Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
Add butter to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds, or until most of it has melted. Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
Add melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt, just until combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
Press the cookie dough into a 10’’ or 12’’ cast iron skillet (or a regular, oven-safe skillet would work).
Bake for 28-35 minutes or until it looks just barely golden. Don’t over-bake it, especially since it will continue to cook in the hot skillet when you take it out of the oven.
Allow to cool in the skillet for at least 20-30 minutes before cutting.
Slice cookie into pieces and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Make ahead Instructions: The cookie dough can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days or frozen for 2-3 months.
Freezing Instructions: Allow the skillet cookie to cool completely and slice into wedges. Store wedges in air-tight freezer container for 2-3 months.
- Mini skillet cookie: Use a smaller, oven-safe pan or ramekins to make mini skillet cookies. Reduce the bake time.
- Vary the chips: Substitute white chocolate or butterscotch chocolate chips. I like to add a little milk chocolate AND semi-sweet chocolate chips to my cookie dough. Sometimes I'll add them in different sizes too, like mini chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Add nuts. Add chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Blondie skillet cookies: Use my triple chip blondie cookie dough.
- Peanut butter skillet cookies Add a big spoonful of peanut butter into your cookie dough or make peanut butter cooke dough.
- Chocolate skillet cookies. Use my chocolate cookie dough.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 165mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 327IU | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 3mg