This Classic Cheese Ball recipe makes the perfect party appetizer. A cheese ball made with cheddar cheese, cream cheese, green onion and spices, and coated in chopped pecans.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup pecans , finely chopped
Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Add cheese, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, parley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper and mix well to combine.
Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and gather the mixture into one lump. Lightly grease your hands and form the mixture into a round ball.
Place the pecans on a plate. Hold the cheese ball in one hand and use the other hand to scoop the pecans onto the outside of the ball, pressing them in gently and turning the ball to coat all sides.
Cover the cheeseball in cling wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with crackers.
Calories: 61kcal | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 23mg | Vitamin A: 3.5% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 4.4% | Iron: 0.6%