BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad
BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad with penne pasta, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and cheese over a bed of green lettuce. Mmm good!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time17 mins
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts), cut into pieces
- 1 red onion , diced
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup corn , cooked (fresh or frozen)
- 15 ounce can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 3 cups green leafy lettuce , finely chopped
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and onions and saute, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
In a large bowl mix together barbecue sauce, sour cream and cheeses. Add hot cooked pasta to the bowl and toss well in the sauce. Add cooked chicken and onion. Add corn, black beans, tomatoes and lettuce and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Calories: 867kcal | Carbohydrates: 122g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 817mg | Potassium: 1437mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 3730IU | Vitamin C: 15.7mg | Calcium: 281mg | Iron: 5mg