Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a easy pasta dish with chicken, broccoli,and parmesan cheese served over your favorite type of pasta.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta (or your favorite type)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts), cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning , or more to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , more to taste, if needed
- Fresh vegetables, if desired , see note
Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
In a large pot or skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add the chicken pieces (and any desired vegetables*) and season with cajun seasoning. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until chicken is nearly cooked through.
Add the milk and cream cheese, stirring well until cream cheese has melted and sauce is smooth, 2-3 minutes.
Stir in pasta, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Vegetables: I often like to add vegetables to the pasta that need to be used from my fridge. A more authentic cajun dish would include sliced bell peppers. Other good additions would be spinach, broccoli, asparagus, or mushrooms.
Otherwise this is the perfect pasta to serve with a side of Roasted vegetables.
Calories: 661kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 930mg | Potassium: 1178mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1800IU | Vitamin C: 137.6mg | Calcium: 398mg | Iron: 2.5mg