Thai Chicken Crunch Wraps
Thai chicken crunch wraps are so simple and add a little more excitement to your basic picnic wrap.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 wraps
- 1 Tablespoon oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into thin strips
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 sweet onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 carrots , shredded or roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup cabbage , finely shredded
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce (found in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- crushed red pepper flakes , to taste
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Lettuce , chopped
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Handful of green snap peas
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add chicken, garlic, onions, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
Add the carrots, cabbage, and green onions, cooking for a few more minutes until vegetables are tender, but still have a nice crunch.
In a small bowl combine the sweet chili sauce, ginger, chunky peanut butter, and soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Stir until smooth.
Add to pan, along with chopped cilantro. Stir until blended in and heated through. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves.
Layer tortillas with a handful of lettuce, peanuts, snap peas, and a large spoonful of the chicken mixture.
Roll tightly like a burrito and secure with a toothpick.
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 793mg | Potassium: 832mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 5435IU | Vitamin C: 13.6mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 2.4mg