Shrimp Scampi Linguine
Shrimp Scampi Linguine is garlic sauteed shrimp covered in a lemon butter sauce, served with linguine and made in less than 20 minutes.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time17 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 pound linguine noodles , white or wheat
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 pound large shrimp , about 20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves , chopped
- zest from 1/2 of a large lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice , about 2 lemons
- 1/2 lemon , thinly sliced in half-rounds
- crushed red pepper flakes , to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a little bit of oil and salt to the boiling water and cook the linguine according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, season the shrimp with salt and pepper and set aside.
Add the butter and olive oil to an extra-large skillet over medium-low. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute, being careful not to burn it.
Add the shrimp and saute just until they turn pink, about 4-5 minutes, tossing often.
Remove from the heat and add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes.
Toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
When the pasta is cooked, drain the water and add the noodles to the sauté pan.
Top with fresh parmesan cheese and toss everything gently to combine. Serve.
Calories: 791kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 324mg | Sodium: 1095mg | Potassium: 446mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1080IU | Vitamin C: 28.9mg | Calcium: 360mg | Iron: 4.7mg