Huevos Rancheros are Mexican style eggs with corn tortillas, refried beans and salsa. A delicious healthy breakfast that the whole family loves!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , pressed or finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 6 small white corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans heated
- 6 large eggs over easy or fried
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1 avocado , chopped
Add olive oil to a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and saute for a few minutes. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Stir in cumin, salt and pepper. Add the entire can of fire-roasted tomatoes (including juices) and diced green chiles and bring mixture to a simmer.
Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and set aside. Taste and add more seasonings, to taste.
Heat a clean non-stick skillet. Spray lightly with non-stick spray.
Heat tortillas, one at a time, for about 1 minute on each side.
Spread a spoonful of warm refried beans on each tortilla.
Spoon salsa over the beans and top with a fried egg.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and avocados.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 518mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2.2mg