Easy Chicken Kebabs
Chicken Kebabs are one of the most delicious summer dinners! The tender, juicy chicken is marinated and grilled with peppers and onion and the entire dish can be made ahead of time.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time2 hrs 30 mins
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sprite (not diet)
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon horseradish , plain or horseradish sauce
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or chicken tenders), cut into 1'' chunks
- 2 bell peppers (any color), sliced into large chunks)
- 1 sweet onion (or purple onion), sliced into large chunks
- wooden or bamboo skewers
For the chicken marinade:
For the chicken kebabs:
Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks and add it to the marinade. Marinate for 1-3 hours.
If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes (this will help keep them from burning while cooking on the grill). Thread the chicken and chopped vegetables alternately onto the skewers, keeping a little space between each piece.
Heat grill to medium-high and grease lightly with oil.
Grill the kebabs for just a few minutes on each side (about 5 minutes), until chicken pieces are cooked through. Allow the kebabs to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 768mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1105IU | Vitamin C: 47.4mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1.1mg