Baked Fontina cheese dip inspired by Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. This easy holiday appetizer is made with Italian fontina cheese, olive oil, and fresh spices, all baked to bubbly perfection and served with crusty French Bread.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time21 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds fontina cheese , rind removed and 1-inch diced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil (high quality olive oil works best)
- 6 cloves garlic , thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme , minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Crusty French Baguette , cut into chunks when ready to eat
Before preheating the oven, move one oven rack and place it about 5 inches from the heat. (on the bottom rack)
Turn the broiler oven on high.
Assemble your Fontina cheese cubes in the bottom of a large cast-iron pan. Be sure to space them apart. Drizzle olive oil on top of the cheese.
In a small bowl, combine garlic, fresh thyme, and fresh rosemary. Sprinkle the mixture over the cheese and olive oil.
Add salt and pepper and place the pan under the broiler for about 6 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and starts to brown.
Serve immediately with the French baguette.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 648mg | Potassium: 45mg | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 317mg | Iron: 0.3mg