BBQ Chicken Tacos
BBQ Chicken Tacos are marinated bbq chicken served in a warm tortilla topped with black beans, corn, onion, cilantro, avocado and a creamy cilantro lime sauce.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce , divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion , chopped
- 15 ounce can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can corn , drained
- 1 avocado , peeled, cored and sliced
- 12-15 corn tortillas (or flour tortillas)
- Fresh cilantro , chopped, for topping
Creamy cilantro lime sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt , or sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Add chicken and 1/3 cup bbq sauce to a ziplock bag. Refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
Make the creamy cilantro lime sauce by combining all ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preheat grill and lightly grease with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping once, until cooked through (165 degrees F). Remove to a cutting board, baste with more BBQ sauce, and allow to rest for 5 minutes before chopping.
Warm tortillas on grill or in a hot skillet. Add a spoonful of chopped chicken, corn, black beans, tomatoes and avocado to each warm tortilla. Drizzle with extra bbq sauce, and cilantro lime sauce. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 2985mg | Potassium: 908mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 8.3% | Vitamin C: 20.9% | Calcium: 6.6% | Iron: 7.2%