Instant pot Spaghetti
This Instant Pot Spaghetti recipe just may become your new favorite dinner to make in the pressure cooker! Spaghetti is everyone's favorite comfort food and this instant pot version makes it even faster and easier!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- salt , pepper,
- 1 small yellow onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves , chopped (2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder , sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese , for topping
- fresh parsley leaves , chopped, for garnish
- crushed red pepper flakes , optional, for garnish
Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add the ground beef and sausage, and season well with salt and pepper.
Cook the meat, breaking the meat up into pieces until it’s browned. Drain grease.
(At this point I like to put the meat in my food processor and pulse it 2-3 times to break it up into very small pieces. I think it makes the sauce smoother and yummier. Then add it back to the IP. This step is completely optional).
Add onion to the pot and cook until tender, 2-3 minutes.
Add the garlic, garlic powder, sugar, Italian seasonings, red wine vinegar.
Turn the Instant Pot off.
Break the spaghetti noodles in half and place on top of meat mixture.
Stir together the crushed tomato and tomato paste and pour over the noodles.
Push the spaghetti down with a spoon if necessary to make they are submerged.
Seal the instant pot and set it to manual mode, high pressure, 5 minutes cooking time.
When the time is up, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, and then do a quick release. I place a towel over the quick release spout to catch the steam.
Open IP and gently toss everything together.
Serve warm topped with fresh parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes, and fresh chopped parsley.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 523mg | Potassium: 779mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 15.9mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3.9mg