Lasagna Soup made with ground beef, sausage, spinach and three types of cheese! The perfect dinner for those cold winter nights!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 recipe homemade marinara sauce (or 24 ounce marinara sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley , chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoons dried basil
- 7 cups low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 9 lasagna noodles , broken into pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves (optional),
- 10 ounces ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil , for serving
In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and sausage until browned. Season with salt and pepper as you cook.
Drain grease and remove meat from the pot.
In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Toss in
diced onion and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in minced
garlic and cook for another minute or two.
Stir in tomato paste, marinara sauce, spices, and broth
Bring to boil then add lasagna noodles (broken into 4ths) to pot
and reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles
are tender. Add spinach, if using.
In a small bowl, stir together mozzarella, Parmesan and ricotta cheeses
Ladle the hot soup into bowls, and dollop a scoop of the cheese mixture on top. Garnish with fresh basil
Calories: 510kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 621mg | Potassium: 663mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1245IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 291mg | Iron: 3mg