Healthy Asian-style Lettuce Wraps made chicken, fresh chopped vegetables and a delicious stir-fry sauce, served in a cold and crisp lettuce leaf. Enjoy them as an appetizer or main dish!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 red bell pepper , finely chopped
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root , minced
- 1 cup water chestnuts , chopped
- 1 head Boston Bib lettuce , or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Sriracha hot sauce , for topping
For the marinade:
- 1 pound ground chicken , or turkey
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the Sauce:
- 5 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the sauce:
Combine all of the sauce ingredients and mix until smooth.
Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the chicken mixture and stir fry 2-3 minutes.
Push the chicken to the side of the pan and add the bell pepper, ginger, green onions, and water chestnuts. Stir fry 1-2 minutes.
Add the sauce and cook over medium heat, stirring as needed, until thickened.
Serve in lettuce cups, topped with sriracha hot sauce, if desired.
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 1006mg | Potassium: 880mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2340IU | Vitamin C: 41.3mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2.7mg