Spinach, Cilantro, Avocado Pasta Salad
Spinach, cilantro, avocado pasta salad is the perfect way to sneak some healthy greens into a yummy dinner that everyone will eat!
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time32 mins
- 2 1/2 cups farfalle pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup onion , finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 2 avocados , diced
- 1 can navy beans (or chickpeas) , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar , or agave
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until done, about 7-9 minutes. Drain pasta and set aside.
Place cilantro and spinach in a food processor and process until chopped into tiny pieces
Add greens to a medium bowl. Add the garlic, onion, tomatoes, avocado, and beans.
Toss in cooked pasta, and stir until combined. Pour dressing over the top and fold into salad until well coated.
Refrigerate for at least 10-15 minutes to let flavors combine.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 776mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1870IU | Vitamin C: 30.4mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1.9mg