Our Favorite Banana Bread
Our family's very favorite Banana Bread Recipe is EASY, moist, simply perfection! Look no further for a fool proof banana bread recipe.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
Total Time1 hr 25 mins
Servings: 12 slices
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (or similar size loaf pan). I also like to line the bottom of the pan with a small piece of parchment or wax paper.
Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
Add the mashed banana and milk and stir to combine.
In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir everything just until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Set aside to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before removing the bread from the pan and allowing it to cool completely.
Muffins: For banana bread muffins, bake them at 350 degrees for 18-25 minutes.
- Banana Nut Bread: Add your favorite nuts (I love to add walnuts) and gently stir them in the batter at the very end.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: Add one cup or more of chocolate chips to the batter at the end of preparation.
- Healthy Banana Bread: I often make a healthy banana bread with a few small changes including cutting the sugar in half. Check out my Skinny Banana Bread or Skinny Banana Bread Muffins.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 68mg | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.2mg