7-Layer Bean Dip
Everyone loves this easy 7-layer bean dip that has layers of flavored refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, olives and green onion.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 cans refried beans (black or pinto0
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 avocados , peeled and seeded
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheeses (cheddar and Monterey jack)
- 6 ounces black olives , sliced
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 1 roma tomato diced, for garnish (optional)
- tortilla chips , for serving
Add the refried beans to a mixing bowl. Season with chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
Spread beans into a single layer on a large serving plate or in a 9x13'' pan.
Add avocado and lemon/lime juice to a bowl and mash well with a fork. Spread into an even layer, over the beans.
Spread sour cream into an even layer, over the mashed avocado layer.
Dollop small spoonfuls of salsa all over the top of the sour cream layer.
Sprinkle with cheese, followed by olives, and then green onion. You could also add a diced tomato for garnish (optional).
Refrigerate until ready to serve (this can be made a day in advance). Serve with tortilla chips.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 822mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 505IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 1mg