Tuscan Garlic Chicken
Tuscan Garlic Chicken is a family favorite! Tender and juicy crusted chicken served over noodles with a delicious creamy tuscan garlic sauce.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 5 people
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles
- 1 1/5 pounds chicken tenders (or halved chicken breasts)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
For the sauce:
- 1 red bell pepper chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves roughly chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cook fettuccine noodles according to package instructions.
In a large bowl whisk together 3/4 cup flour, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, dried basil, oregano, and onion powder.
Dip chicken breasts into bowl and flip to coat completely. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Once hot, add chicken to the pan. Cook chicken for a few minutes on each side, flipping only once, until golden brown and just cooked through.
Remove chicken to a plate and cover with tinfoil to keep warm.
For the sauce:
While chicken is resting, prepare the sauce. Add a little more oil to the pan, if needed.
Add bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add 2 tablespoons oil the pan. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Bring sauce to a boil.
Slowly whisk in cream and milk and reduce heat to a simmer. Season sauce with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste.
Simmer until just slightly thickened. Stir in fresh spinach, parmesan cheese and cook for 2 more minutes.
Place a serving of fettuccine noodles on a plate, add a piece of chicken on top and top with sauce.
Garnish with extra fresh parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.
Serving: 5people | Calories: 801kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 196mg | Sodium: 1368mg | Potassium: 842mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2245IU | Vitamin C: 35.9mg | Calcium: 219mg | Iron: 3.7mg