Lemon Parmesan Chicken Pasta
This delicious Lemon Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a simple meal with the fresh flavors of summer that we love. Delicious seasoned and sauteed chicken and summer veggies, parmesan, lemon and pasta. The perfect easy, flavorful, 20-minute meal.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 16 ounces mini farfalle pasta (or your favorite bite-size pasta)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (or about 2-3 chicken breasts, washed, pat dry)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder , divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 2 Tablespoons butter , divided
- 2 small zucchinis , sliced
- 2 small yellow squash , sliced
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese , divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves , chopped
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
While the pasta cooks, season chicken, on both sides, with salt and pepper. Season with lemon zest, and 1/2 tsp EACH of garlic powder, Italian seasoning and onion powder.
Add 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat the pan and melt the butter.
Add seasoned chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
Flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. (If you’re cooking chicken breasts, it may take a few minutes longer).
Remove chicken to a plate and tent with tinfoil to keep warm.
Add another tablespoon of both olive oil and butter to the skillet. Once hot, add the chopped zucchini and yellow squash. Season with salt and pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning.
Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
Chop the chicken into pieces.
Divide the warm, cooked pasta into serving bowls.
Sprinkle a small handful of fresh parmesan cheese on top of the pasta.
Add a spoonful of the veggies and chicken on top. Sprinkle with a little additional parmesan cheese, and a squirt of fresh lemon juice. Top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Serving: 5g | Calories: 858kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 67g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 151mg | Sodium: 1127mg | Potassium: 1267mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2025IU | Vitamin C: 48.3mg | Calcium: 755mg | Iron: 6mg