Carne Asada Tacos
Carne Asada Tacos just as good as ones you could buy off the street in Mexico! Juicy, tender, marinated steak tacos served on a warm corn tortilla with fresh pico de gallo and avocado.
Prep Time2 hrs
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time2 hrs 10 mins
- 2 pounds flank steak
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado , peeled, seeded and thinly sliced, for topping
- Pico de Gallo for topping
- Valentina hot sauce optional, for topping
- 10 white corn tortillas warmed
- Mexican Rice for serving
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 limes juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 large orange , juiced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper minced
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the marinade ingredients.
Place flank steak in a large ziplock bag and pour marinade over steak.
Seal and refrigerate, allowing the steak to marinate for 2 - 5 hours, rotating once halfway through marinating.
Remove steak from the refrigerator.
Heat grill to high and brush the grill grates lightly with oil. Lift steak from the bag of marinade, allowing excess marinade to drip off.
Place steak on the grill and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness (depending on whether you like yours medium rare or well done).
Transfer steak to a cutting board, cover with foil and allow to rest 5 minutes. Cut the steak, against the grain, into very, very thin strips.
Serve over warm corn tortillas, topped with pico de gallo, sliced avocado and valentina hot sauce (optional). Serve immediately.
Calories: 586kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 1031mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 29.9mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 4.8mg