Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad loaded with spinach, mandarin oranges, craisins, almonds and parmesan cheese, tossed together with a light and healthy creamy citrus dressing.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta white or whole wheat
- 2 cups cooked chicken , chopped
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves , stems removed
- 11 ounce can mandarin oranges drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurts , or mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- Zest and juice from 1 orange
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Make the dressing by combining all ingredients and whisking until smooth. You could use a blender to get it really smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Place the cooled, drained pasta in a large bowl.
Add 1/4 cup of the dressing to the pasta and toss to combine.
Add in the chicken, spinach, mandarin oranges, craisins, green onion, parmesan cheese and toasted almonds.
Drizzle dressing over the top (to taste, you may not want to use it all), and toss everything to combine. Serve immediately.
Calories: 595kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 792mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 66.9% | Vitamin C: 37.3% | Calcium: 20.1% | Iron: 14.1%