Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries and Pecans
Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries and Pecans, chopped apples and feta cheese with a maple balsamic vinaigrette.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts , rinsed and tough outer leaves pulled away
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped
- 1 large apple , chopped
- 4 slices bacon , cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
Hold the core end of a brussels sprout and, starting at the top, slice it into very thin slices. Discard the core and chop remaining brussels sprouts until all are thinly sliced.
Place chopped brussels sprouts, cranberries, pecans, apples, bacon, onion and feta in a large bowl.
For the dressing (can be made several days in advance): Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar.
Place a lid on the jar and shake well. Pour desired amount over the salad, a little at a time (you may not use it all!), until coated.
Store leftover dressing in the fridge.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 436mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 715IU | Vitamin C: 74.2mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1.7mg